I can't get motivated to work on my fourth paper. Last night my mother took Devin overnight and I had every intention of at least skimming through the chapters I need to read for this paper, but decided my time would be better spent going bowling. While fun, I got nothing accomplished at the bowling alley other than giving my saddlebags a nice workout. Even on notes unrelated to schoolwork, last night was a complete waste of my increasingly valuable time.
I'm really happy that I decided to take this class online, and even happier that I decided to take it during a mini-mester rather than for a full semester. My interest is waning and obviously my motivation is taking a hit as well, and I'm sure if I were spending 14 weeks rather than five on this course I would be failing. As of right now I'm holding down a strong A in this class and I hope I can get through these last two papers to get the grade I should have gotten almost 9 years ago.
It'll be a while before I feel like taking another English class. Although I like words a whole lot, and I like writing a whole lot, I don't think I'm cut out to be an English major. There don't seem to be many practical applications for it anyway. I'll find something equally as generic to latch onto, maybe psychology or sociology. One of those degrees that just says "I have a degree".
But, if my calculations are correct, it will take me at least another five million years to get my 4-year degree, so I have some time to figure it all out.

No comments:
Post a Comment