8.23.2009

Things

-Running is good. It makes me feel young again, and it makes me feel like I'm able to revisit doing things that I gave up on because they were too hard, as I'm able to use the life experiences I've gained since then to tell myself that I've done harder things than running. I ran 1.75 miles in the woods yesterday, that made me feel pretty great. Using my body for what it was designed is a pretty cool thing.

-I now wear a size 10. I got a few cheap, basic things from Old Navy to help bridge the gap from this size to, hopefully, an 8 in the near future. I have a pair of size 15 "skinny" jeans and, even though they are falling off of me, I can't tell a difference in my size when I look in the mirror. I can't tell a difference in the amount of space I take up when sitting on the sofa or lying in my bed. I've read that a lot of people who go from really fat, to not so fat and beyond, have a problem with seeing their "new" bodies. I guess it'll just take some adjusting.

-Devin starts school in a week. It's really hard for me to believe that my baby is a second grader, but I don't see anything but my baby when I look at him, so it's really hard for me to believe a lot of things. There was so much I was supposed to get done over this summer break, but I can't help the fact that time flies. I feel like Devin's birthday was last week, not a whole month ago. Another thing that needs some adjusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment