Things
-I didn't almost drown during my trip to the beach last weekend, but I'm pretty sure there was a little extra bit of sea life trying to nip at me. Cons: Being eaten alive by millions of tiny fish, some sharks, and a few stray crabs would probably not be a pleasant experience. Pros: Treading water so that your feet don't have to touch the bottom of the ocean is a brilliantly disguised form of exercise. It isn't going to give me the arms of Madonna circa 1998, but it's a good start for someone whose lifestyle would be considered more "dormant" than "sedentary".
-There was a fair amount of kayaking during this beach trip, more than any of the other times I've kayaked. Before this trip I'd only ever used a tandem kayak. There's a big difference between singles and tandems. Singly kayaking for two hours in a choppy bay, darting across lanes of boat traffic, and dodging the boat's wakes was also a secret workout; one that left me feeling like Henry Rollins' neck and shoulder region when I woke up on Sunday.
-All of the sneaky exercise I did made me think, "Hmm. All that sneaky exercise I got this weekend made me feel real good, man. I wonder if I should just come out of the working out closet and just be a real exerciser?". So I opened the door, and I've been looking around a little, and I kind of liked what I saw, so that leaves me smack dab in the middle of the first week of a couch to 5K training schedule, leaving my legs feeling like fuck.
-Having a new car is pretty rad. Until I have to make that first payment. Then I'll probably stop being so damn excited.
-Links are neat.
-There was a fair amount of kayaking during this beach trip, more than any of the other times I've kayaked. Before this trip I'd only ever used a tandem kayak. There's a big difference between singles and tandems. Singly kayaking for two hours in a choppy bay, darting across lanes of boat traffic, and dodging the boat's wakes was also a secret workout; one that left me feeling like Henry Rollins' neck and shoulder region when I woke up on Sunday.
-All of the sneaky exercise I did made me think, "Hmm. All that sneaky exercise I got this weekend made me feel real good, man. I wonder if I should just come out of the working out closet and just be a real exerciser?". So I opened the door, and I've been looking around a little, and I kind of liked what I saw, so that leaves me smack dab in the middle of the first week of a couch to 5K training schedule, leaving my legs feeling like fuck.
-Having a new car is pretty rad. Until I have to make that first payment. Then I'll probably stop being so damn excited.
-Links are neat.

No comments:
Post a Comment