12.02.2009

I am very sad to be back in Baltimore. In Florida, the trees were still alive and beautiful; here, our trees look like dangerously miserable sticks in the mud. The temperatures got into the 70s during the day, but it gets cold enough to see your breath at night. It was perfect weather to get in the hot tub in the evenings, so I did, and now I have a rash. Also, the dry heat in the car on the way down and back has given me sinus issues and a sore throat. I pretty much take those things as a sign that I shouldn't have left Florida. So I'll probably move down there in June.

Thanksgiving was great. I haven't experienced a family Thanksgiving in years, not since Devin was still an infant, and it was everything I wanted it to be. Not too many people, but definitely better than my last Thanksgiving, which I spent making a dent on my couch while watching a marathon of "Jon & Kate Plus 8", waiting for my roommate to bring me leftovers from her family affair. The only thing missing was Devin, of course, and sauerkraut. Apparently sauerkraut is a "northern" thing. Well I plan on taking it down there because they don't know what they're missing.

The babies were great, and I didn't even get bored with them and their antics until the morning of our last day there. I consider that an accomplishment. I'm proud to say that I no longer want a baby to get up in me, and that feels good, man.

RECAP

-Florida is great. There are many rednecks, but no more than I'm used to dealing with from living in Dundalk for so long.

-Babies can all fuck off for a while.

-I got to spend my Thanksgiving afternoon in my bathing suit, sunning myself on a hammock. Can't say that about Baltimore.

-Motorcycles are fun, but Florida doesn't have a helmet law, therefore my uncle has no helmets and I felt like I was going to die.

-BEACHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment